This collection of teaching notes and resources forms part of the support available for schools and other groups who want to get involved in the Polar Explorer programme run by the National STEM Learning Network.
The Polar Explorer programme is the educational programme linked to the RRS Sir David Attenborough – the UK’s new polar research ship. Find out more about the programme here.
With these resources you can engage and enthuse your pupils and increase their awareness of STEM subjects through a range of experiments and investigations.
These cover a range of themes such as:
- engineering – the building, loading and launching of the ship
- exploration – life as a polar explorer
- arctic animals – living and surviving in a cold environment
- climate change – observing the signs and predicting the future
- oceans – investigating the oceans
To find out more about the British Antarctic Survey Polar Explorer Programme click here
Made in collaboration with NERC